Our oldest just turned five which means she only eats about five different foods (funny, right?). She also happens to be a grazer; which can be frustrating around meal times. I struggle to get her to eat breakfast but she will scarf down these cookies without a second thought.
So what’s so great about these? There’s only three ingredients- yes, just three. The bananas naturally sweeten these cookies so there is no reason to add any sugar. They also happen to be egg free and flour free making them both gluten free and vegan!
The trick to making these work is getting the bananas smooth and paste-like. You will also want to use either a silicone baking mat or parchment paper otherwise they will stick to your pan. This recipe yields approximately a dozen cookies depending upon the size you form them into.
if you’re looking for more substance in these here’s a couple ideas of what you can add to them:
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Dried cherries
- Dried cranberries
- Flax seed
- Vanilla Extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and mash bananas into a smooth paste.
- Thoroughly mix in cinnamon and oatmeal making sure the oatmeal is evenly coated with the banana.
- Form cookies into approximately three inch circles on baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes (they will turn a lightly golden brown color).
- Cool on cooling rack and enjoy!